To get the most out of this clinic, it is recommended that you have:
- Knowledge of general SQL database concepts that are largely independent of a specific version of SQL Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 features
- Knowledge of deploying and upgrading database solutions
- Knowledge of how to solve performance issues related to SQL Server hardware
- Performed the job role of a SQL Server 2005 database administrator or database developer
- Product or technology experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features of SQL Server 2008 and their benefits.
- Describe the features of enterprise data platform that help you to secure data in applications.
- Describe the dynamic development features that facilitate the development of database applications.
- Describe the features of SQL Server 2008 that provide data storage solutions beyond relational databases.
- Describe the enhanced features in SSIS that help you to integrate data effectively.
- Describe the enhanced features in SSAS that help you to improve the BI infrastructure.
- Describe the enhanced features in SSRS that help you to improve the scalability of the reporting engine.
Modules & Lessons
What’s New in SQL Server 2008
Overview of SQL Server 2008
Enhancements in SQL Server 2008
New Features of SQL Server 2008
Enterprise Data Platform
Methods for Data Encryption
Security Auditing for Data Protection
Resource Management Features
Benefits of the Resource Governor Tool
System Analysis Features
Server Management Features
Data Entities in SQL Server 2008
Data Synchronizing Features
Beyond Relational Databases
New Data Types
Spatial Data Type
Table-Value Parameters in SQL Server 2008
Features of Integrated Full-Text Search in SQL Server 2008
Pervasive Insight in Integration Services
Data Integration Features
The MERGE Statement in SQL Server 2008
Pervasive Insight in Analysis Services
Enhanced Features in Analysis Services
How the Block Computation Feature Works
Pervasive Insight in Reporting Services
How Reporting Services Work
Features for Microsoft Office 2007 Integration
The Report Authoring Tool
Report Builder Enhancements
What Is Tablix?
Start here: https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/offerDetail.aspx?offerPriceId=128041