Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Showtime You Tricked Me, Shame On You

A couple of days ago I was flipping channels (like any man ought to do without interference from the wife/girlfriend). I noticed The Hills Have Eyes 2 just started, it had 2007 as the year made. I found that a little bit strange but for all you know it was one of those straight to video releases. I checked it out on IMDB and it only got 5 stars. This is the plot outline according to IMDB: “A team of trainees of the National Guard brings supply to the New Mexico Desert for a group of soldiers and scientists that are installing a monitoring system in Sector 16. They do not find anybody in the camp, and they receive a blurred distress signal from the hills. Their sergeant gathers a rescue team, and they are attacked and trapped by deformed cannibals, having to fight to survive.”

I am thinking to myself “Okay I’ll bite and watch for 30 minutes, if it sucks I will turn it off”. I am watching this movie and the first thing I noticed is that it looks like it is taking place in the late 70s. One of these deformed freaks shows up and he looks like a puppet. How is the makeup in this movie so much worse than in the first movie? I watch for another 10 minutes and I turned it off. Next day I check IMDB again and what do I find? Yes there is a sequel of the original: The Hills Have Eyes Part II (1985). It has a 3.2 star rating. This movie doesn’t deserve more than 1 star. If you hate someone then buy this movie for that person because the person WILL suffer watching this garbage.

No comments: