Monday, September 25, 2006

Happy One Year Anniversary

So here we are one year and 236 posts later. I can not believe that it has been one year already. First of all I will make 2 small changes. The first change is that I will feature a blog/site of the week; this will always happen on a Friday. I will link to the blog and link to the 5 most interesting posts/articles. If possible I will say a little something about the person whose site it is, something like author of this book and an interview is available here.

The second change is that I will write some stuff that has nothing to do with SQL Server but might still be of interest to you. This I will publish on weekends so that you can skip that easily if you check on weekdays only. What will I write? Maybe something that goes on in my life or a book or movie review. However I will not review the Matrix, Titanic or some other well know movie. No I will pick something that is not as popular for example Ghost In The Machine, The Seven Samurai, Animatrix. For books this could be Crypto, The Cobra Event or The Coming Plague

Or I could write that once you have kids and you do NOT have TIVO then Comcast On Demand really rocks. For example Jericho is a show that I just started to watch, this show reminded me a little bit of The Stand by Stephen King (his best book together with Thinner, It and Salems Lot)
So what is so cool about On Demand? No commercials, that’s right; nada. Pause and Resume for up to 24 hours, this is a must have with newborns.

Comcast announced a deal with CBS to have the following shows free the day after it airs: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Survivor, NCIS, Numb3rs, Jericho and Big Brother

That’s it for now

No comments: