Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Why I am learning Python and why you might need to learn it as well


If you follow my non SQL Server blog, you might have noticed that I have been posting about Python lately. There are a couple of reasons for this


  • Python will be included alongside R in SQL Server 2017, I might need to support this in the future
  • Python is used more and more by the data science community
  • My youngest son is learning Python, in order to help him, I need to know it too


I already posted  several blog posts, here are some of these posts

Summer of code 2017: Python

I am not going to list all the posts here, you can find them by clicking on the Python label,  or by going to this link http://denisgobo.blogspot.com/search/label/Python

I must admit that after messing around with Python for a month or so that I actually like the language. I don't know why but it reminds me of classic VB in the same sense that ColdFusion reminded me of classic VB back in 2000/2001.  Maybe it is the luck of curly braces {}  :-)

Visual Studio is now also a top notch Python development tool, so if you are familiar with Visual Studio you can keep using the same tools.

Here is also a presentation about Python in SQL Server if you want to know a little more about the way it is integrated.



Are you going to learn Python or are you going to stay away as far as possible from it?

No comments: