Saturday, February 03, 2007

John Carpenter’s The Thing


I brought in John Carpenter’s The Thing to work only to discover that 80% of my co-workers never heard of this movie. This movie is probably one of the best in its genre. If you like Alien(s) then you will love this movie. The story is about a bunch of researchers on Antarctica, they discover a spaceship and take a dog in (bad idea) I won’t spoil the story but let’s just say that a lot of people die. I watched this movie at least 10 times since its release in 1982. even nowadays the special effects are still amazing.

IMDB lists this movie in the top 250 movies of all time with a rating of 8.0 and 29,153 votes. If you have problems picking out a movie at blockbuster with your significant other then consider this a favor because I know what it feels like spending 30 minutes in Blockbuster trying to agree on a movie. I even went home a couple of times without a movie because my wife and I couldn’t agree on a movie. So what are you waiting for it is Saturday afternoon (well it is in Princeton, NJ anyway)? Go to the movie rental store and watch this movie. Let me know what you thought of it after you watch it

If you are in doubt then just check out the comments on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/usercomments

And here is the trailer
http://srv12.movie-list.net/bendermac/thing_redux_h640_ml.mov

No comments: